Thursday, September 13, 2012

What's for Dinner? Gluten Free Thursday

It's Thursday so it must be Gluten Free Thursday! Here's another gluten free meal for fun. We are having a favorite in our house tonight. Hibachi Steak with veggies and rice.

I am using a cool gluten free product from Sam's that is my beef strips already precooked (I know, I know, NOT homemade, but still home COOKED).



This is a great "last minute" convenience food that is gluten free and easy to throw together. We have a lot of "broccoli" monsters in our house, so any dish that is heavy on the broccoli is a big hit here.

If I could get the girls to show any interest in zuchinni, we would totally add that to our menu. For now, I am just grateful that broccoli is such a big hit.

Saute your fajita beef for a few minutes with your broccoli or steam separately. I like to add some onion to ours. We also add a little salt, pepper and gluten free Soy Sauce. BE SURE YOUR SOY SAUCE SAYS IT IS GLUTEN FREE. Not all Soy Sauce is the same!!!

Gotta love the Kikkoman because it is available in many stores and you get the same flavor as you would with "regular" soy sauce.

While the broccoli is steaming and the beef strips are simmering, rice is also cooking and Mama is whipping up some "White Sauce." If you have ever been to a Japanese Hibachi style restaurant, you know the beauty of white sauce. A friend of ours claims to be able to eat it by the spoon. He says it would make cardboard taste good. But since I don't know if cardboard is gluten free, I wouldn't try it.

Here is the White Sauce recipe...

http://www.japanese-steakhouse-white-sauce.com/white-sauce-recipe.htm
Find more about the beauty of Japanese White Sauce on the website where I found the above fool proof recipe http://www.japanese-steakhouse-white-sauce.com/index.html

And yes, before you ask, Helmann's Mayo IS gluten free. And since I only use McCormick's seasonings, I know they are all safe as well. ALL of McCormick's single ingredient seasons are gluten free.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment