Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Mama of the Drama

We have three little girls. Because of that, we have drama. I have a username somewhere that is dramamamax3 because there is so much drama in our house. I have a tween, a first grader and a preschooler. They are all girly girls and they are all insanely fun! If you have cable and have ever watched TNT, you know their slogan is "TNT We Know Drama". When we meet people out and about and they comment on our three beautiful girls, we inevitably hear, "Wow! Three girls! THAT must be fun." To which my witty husband replies, "We have more drama than TNT." Some folks get it and some don't, but it always makes me giggle when he says that because there is ALWAYS drama in our house. This picture is about 6 months old, but you get the idea...





ANYWHOO, to that end, we are preparing for our trip (TOMORROW!!!!!) and I always make the girls a little something special for trips. I have been so busy that I didn't get time to make them a new outfit, so I am doing things the easy way this time.




This is Naynay's dress for our week (she had to have a dress because that's just who she is; the other two have tshirts).

Here's what I did...I went to Hobby Lobby, that great and wonderful bastion of craftiness for all people-kind. In the back of our store where they have the hair do-dads, purse makings, etc. we have a section for littles. They sell these adorable tank dresses for $8.99, which was actually only $5.39 after my 40% off coupon. If you have a smart phone, you always have your coupon and you can use it every day. Just pull up the coupon on their site and show it to the cashier. Then I picked up this flocked transfer just down the aisle for $1.99. Total cost for this dress...$7.38, definitely worth it! At home I just followed the directions to iron on the transfer and voila! I had a super cute dress. For my other two, I will be picking up plain white tshirts at JoAnn's (they have them there with a more "tailored" feel for girly girls).

And yes, it is true. All drama in this house is come by honestly. I do, after all, possess a degree in the stuff! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment